An unofficial guide to the Rack v1 Changelog

great!

Screenshots now added.

2 Likes

This is great - I reposted it. Small thing: I have heard from Dave Phillips that on Linux to get realtime priority you still need to enable it from the command line. I know that is documented in the [ now thankfully deprecated ] Thread Booster manual.

1 Like

I run a realtime-enabled kernel here on a 6-core AMD CPU. Multithreading without setting Rack’s realtime priority (via setcap) results in compromised performance. Setting the rt priority makes it work. Btw, reducing the max frame rate from 70 to 30 in settings.json improved graphics performance significantly.

1 Like

Thanks Bruce and Dave. I have added a note re Linux in the rt priority section.

1 Like

This isn’t super relevant to anything, but I double-clicked on settings.json and on my machine, Max/MSP is set up to edit JSON files. I LOLed.

PS It works fine as a JSON editor!

Now that 1.1.0 is released with a fix from @stoermelder for midi into Bridge I have amended FAQ 8 to note that normal service should be resumed with Bridge.

These were the alternatives to Bridge in case they are of interest or use to anyone for any other reason:

• Audio Routing: Soundflower, Loopback ($$$), Dante Via ($$) or something else (possibly an external sound card).
  • Midi Routing: midi loopback utilities on Windows or the IAC Driver on Mac.
  • Sync - If your DAW supports Ableton Link then you can use Stellare Link; if not then there are other solutions available but they are hard to easily describe here (try searching the forum or the FB group).
3 Likes