Alright Devices Chronoblob2: It's a (CPU) Hungry Little Blob

I’ll test. Chronoblob is in my default template.

1 Like

I also would like to test it

1 Like

I’m happy to test it too.

1 Like

If you need more testers. I’m in.

1 Like

I’m in, if you’re still looking for people.

I can give you my honest impression of the current version:

1. Sounds great, in particular in how it handles runaway feedback – i.e. it gets distorted but doesn’t run away.
  2. I have a personal preference for plugins where every parameter is clearly labeled with text. The icons mean I have to look up the field names. The tooltips make this less of an issue, but I’d love it if you overrode the Delay Mode tool tip so that it shows the mode name instead of the mode number.
1 Like

Thanks everyone for offering to test! This should be more than enough testers.

Yeah that’s a great idea, I’ll look into it.

1 Like

I am testing the beta Chronoblob2 and I noticed that the mode is in the context menu, which is good too. But yeah, figuring out good tool tips is a step forward in usability.

I think it’s a bit more complicated because every time the mode changes the tool tip for that control has to change too.

is this the sounds we get when moving the delay time knob in the hardware module until it catches up? i’ve gotten used to it and enjoy that.

No, this isn’t related to that

2 Likes

I sort of wish I could retract my original post. Now that I have closely observed the behavior of other devices that seriously mess with sound, it’s clear to me that all devices of this sort — delay, reverb, distortion — they all need a lot of CPU cycles.

So, Tyler, don’t hamstring Chronoblob’s beautiful sound on my account.

5 Likes

No worries! I pushed the update a couple weeks ago. Sound quality is not affected at all, only latency is.

3 Likes