alefnull's music & patches

i don’t know if or how often i’ll actually post here, but i’ve seen others do it, so i figured why not.

i just uploaded my first video to youtube in years, and it’s just a simple 10 minute ambient drone i threw together recently after starting to play with VCV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDZ_R_mCyoU

6 Likes

I have spent the day catching up some ambient albums from this year so this fit the mood perfectly. Very nice.

1 Like

thank you! i’m glad people are liking it so far :smiley: it means a lot and makes me excited to keep learning, experimenting, and sharing.

2 Likes

haven’t added any of my patches here in a long time, but i just uploaded a new 30 minute generative ambient piece to youtube, so i thought i’d come bump this thread and share it. while you’re there, consider checking out the other videos i have neglected to share here.

fractured neutrons - 30 minute generative ambient - VCV Rack

5 Likes

it’s been a while.

a new patch uploaded to youtube, featuring several of my in-development modules. 30 minutes of generative ambient melodies. i’m particularly happy with this one, as it’s the first of my patches to feature a key change (mind-blowing stuff, i know :stuck_out_tongue:). anyway, my “slips” sequencer is driving the first instance of “Turbulence”, and my “turnt” module is generating random triggers from a simplex noise source, which are being quantized to the clock, and driving the second instance of “Turbulence” with pitch information coming from my “simplex and hold” module, quantized through “slips” to be the same key/scale as the first voice, even when it changes key.

6 Likes

Lovely patch, really like it!

1 Like

That sounds very nice!

1 Like

Very nice indeed. I can listen to (and work on) these kinds of patches for hours…

Also good to “toot your own horn” once in a while. You’re putting out some great modules. No shame in (re)directing some well deserved attention to them.

I have to admit that I haven’t really been exploring your modules after having done some basic “beta testing” on them, some weeks (months?) ago.

This surely inspires!

2 Likes

Lovely indeed

1 Like