Add functionalities to an existing module?

Hi guys!! I have a question regarding the modification of an existing module. There’s this “Matrix Mixer 4” by NEX that is so useful for me, but I would reaally like to add/modify one of it’s algorythms. Is this possible? Can anyone do this or needs to be done by NEX? I have no idea on programming, so it would be more of a request… If it is possible, I’ll explain my idea to you guys and maybe someone can help me! Thanks in advance!

It’s open-source, so you’re allowed to edit it yourself, but getting started learning programming with C++ synths isn’t for the faint of heart.

Your best bets:

• Explain what you need to us in greater detail, maybe we can solve your problem with another module and/or creative patching .
  • Open an issue on their github with a feature request, since they might not read the focums. No guarantee any dev will oblige a request, of course, but asking never hurts.

Thank you so much for the fast reply!

Yes… I’ll try to explain it as clear as possible; Basically Im interested in the “3rd Algorythm” (bottom-right corner) starting with all matrix muted; Let’s say, when row 3 and column 2 are unmuted - the corresponding connection is made (IN2-OUT3).

Right now works like this:

If (while row 3 and column 2 are unmuted and (IN2-OUT3) is connected) we unmute the row 2 (for example) the connection (IN2-OUT2) would also be made.

INSTEAD, I would like that (while row 3 and column 2 are unmuted and (IN2-OUT3) is connected) the rest of the row 3 and column 2 are “disabled” (cannot be used to make any other connections when other row/column is unmuted).

Like this I could make other connections just if unmute a different row AND a different column.

Hopefully is not too strange… :sweat_smile: Thank you so muuch!!

I actually did create the same result with “Gators” module, but on practice I would use more than one Matrix Mixer connected to each other making a bigger matrix… Would be too much Gators and cables…

INSTEAD, I would like that (while row 3 and column 2 are unmuted and (IN2-OUT3) is connected) the rest of the row 3 and column 2 are “disabled” (cannot be used to make any other connections when other row/column is unmuted).

But what if these rows and columns are set to enable other connections? In your third screenshot, doesn’t IN2-OUT2 have an equally valid claim to be enabled? It sounds like you want the module to recognize one connection as “primary” (maybe the most recent?), and disable everything else? or disable any “rivals” on the same row or column?

Almost exactly what I mean, but the “primary” connection would be the FIRST made, not the last. So in screenshot 3: Because the first connection IN2-OUT3 was made, all others in row 3/col2 are “disabled” while row 3/col2 are unmuted.